Friday, March 14, 2008

2008 book 36

Lisa Lutz's Curse of the Spellmans
Yay, the new Lisa Lutz book came out this week and the library had it on hold for me! I can't find my review of The Spellman Files for some reason, but it was a very funny mystery involving the black sheep daughter of a family of PIs. Here, she's slightly older but definitely no wiser, as she gets arrested for investigating her suspicious neighbor (whom she briefly dated). The whole hilarious, zany, and sometimes moving cast of characters is back and I couldn't be happier. These books just totally appeal to me--maybe because of all the pop culture references? Like there's a reference to Gaslight, and I totally had that movie on tv in the background while reading! Anywya, A and hopes there will be more books in this series.

ETA: Here's my review of the first book in the series (which was one of my favorites of 2007).

No comments: