Monday, June 01, 2009

stuff 'n' stuff

The Hater on why vampire boyfriends are lame made me giggle. Also, Twilight is Brad Meltzer's guilty pleasure read. (I've never read anything by Meltzer--the plot of Book of Lies seemed interesting, but then I saw it on sale in the supermarket and book snobbery prevailed.

Martha Stewart's cupcake book comes out tomorrow! Her cookie one is one of my all-time favorites.

And I meant to post about this last week--I certainly spent enough time being excited about it on the phone w/ my mom--but it's never too late for awesome news like the newest American Girl doll being Jewish. Nine year old me is thrilled!! And thirty year old me still kind of wants one, haha.

3 comments:

christinamerge said...

come on! You aren't a real book snob or you wouldn't have as much fun with pop culture. They sell Harry Potter in the supermarket, after all!

Alicia K. said...

Haha, true, all those vampire books I read aren't exactly highbrow. :)

christinamerge said...

You are way more fun than a book snob is what the point was supposed to be. haha!