Monday, June 22, 2009

stuff!

Edith Wharton rules!

Conversely, Holden Caulfield is lame. (I've never liked him.)

I'm sure you all have seen Buffy vs Edward Cullen, but it's hilarious and awesome.

I'm totally into this Tooth Fairy kit.

Seriously, why are they remaking Red Dawn? That movie is terrible. I mean, sure, it's fun to yell "WOLVERINES!!!!!!" but really, is that enough to base a movie on?

Art Spiegelman has a comic in the Washington Post about the St Louis, a famous ship full of Jewish refugees that the US refused to let enter the country and sent back to Europe just in time for the Holocaust. Nice one, America!

2 comments:

js said...

thanks for sharing the spiegelman comic, that was great.

Alicia K. said...

Yeah, I liked the analytical/historical/research elements! Plus Spiegelman just rules in general.