Saturday, June 26, 2010

2010 book 165

Sara Gruen's Ape House
When an author writes a book as awesome as Water for Elephants, you know it's a hard act to follow, so I didn't have super high hopes for Gruen's new one (coming out in September). But seriously, once I started, I couldn't put it down--I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, dying to know what would happen! This amazing story centers on a woman researching language acquisition in bonobos (some of the best fictional animals ever, by the way), a reporter working on a story about the lab, and what happens after an environmental group blows up the lab and the bonobos mysteriously vanish. I don't want to give much away, except to say that this is going to be a much-deserved bestseller and you all should get ready to add it to your library hold lists. A.

No comments: