Sunday, June 20, 2010

robert duvall

In a great example of synchronicity, I discovered that TMC was playing the movie of "To Kill a Mockingbird" tonight for Father's Day (b/c obviously Atticus Finch is the best dad ever, excepting mine). Of course I was extra eager to watch it, having just read the book this week, though it's always worth watching. But not just for Gregory Peck and the amazing kid actors--did you know Robert Duvall played Boo? (I didn't till John Lithgow told us afterward, whcih was random, but whatever.) No wonder I cried at his slightest facial expression. He conveyed so much and didn't have one line of dialogue. Just a brilliant movie.

Such a good movie, in fact, that I almost forgot to say how great Toy Story 3 was! (Though perhaps a little too scary for the younger ones--but don't worry, it's Pixar, and I was laughing hilariously at more than a few parts.)

No comments: