Tuesday, March 15, 2011

links, etc

I love Aaron Renier's stuff, but he is dead wrong--Matilda would LOVE an e-reader.

And don't forget to check in on The Tournament of Books.

Hey, the NYT finally noticed the e-book battle between HarperCollins and libraries.

You know, I've been thinking about YA paranormal romances lately--spurred by my disappointment at Demonglass and its sudden turn toward the cliched (in the first one, it seemed like the usual romance wouldn't happen, which is why I liked it so much) and I think I'm annoyed by how many heroines and the guy they're dating end up as like Destined Loves. I know high school romance is crazy and it feels like the world revolves around the guy you like, but sometimes I'd just like to see something a little more realistic (note: I am totally okay with the end of the Jessica Darling books, because it feels earned).

Sorry for the slow posting lately. I just haven't had the time to read as much.

No comments: