Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2012 book 168

Jonathan Tropper's One Last Thing Before I Go
Tropper's This Is Where I Leave You was one of my favorite books of 2009, so I was eagerly anticipating his latest book, which is about a washed-up musician from a one-hit wonder band, leading a mess of a life--divorced, estranged from his daughter, working in wedding bands. But then he finds out if he doesn't have heart surgery he could die at any time--and also, his Princeton-bound daughter is pregnant, and his ex-wife is about to get remarried, and he's determined to be a better man. This may all sound super dramatic, but it's Tropper, so it's actually very funny, and the protagonist is amazingly charming considering what a jerk he can be. Plus his dad is a Rabbi forcing him to attend various life events, which I loved. Another great one from Tropper. A.

__
An e-galley was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in August.

No comments: