Saturday, July 07, 2012

2012 book 181

Jeremy Jackson's I Will Not Leave You Comfortless
Those of you who know me well, or who regularly read this blog, know that I generally have a complete lack of interest in reading non-fiction of any kind. I made an exception for this one, though--Jackson (author of the beautiful Life At These Speeds, written about here and here, and whihc I wish was available for Kindle, and which I cannot recommend enough!) has written a memoir that might as well be a novel, about just over a year in his life when he was ten turning eleven, and the things that happened to his family. The descriptions of their Missouri farm are entirely evocative, and his writing was stellar as always. Lovely stuff. A.

_
A review copy was provided by the publisher (actually, the awesome Milkweek sent me a print copy after I had problems with the digital one, so big ups to them). This book will be released in October.

No comments: