Sunday, November 18, 2012

2012 book 330

Jessica Day George's Princess of the Silver Woods
This book is actually the third in a series, which I didn't know until after I finished it, so thought it was a stand-alone with a great premise--what happens to the Twelve Dancing Princesses when the fairy kingdom tries to steal them once again. And also there is a bandit band that dresses like wolves that accidentally kidnaps the youngest princess, and realizes that she has bigger problems. I really loved all the characters here and was totally caught up in their story (even though I was mildly annoyed at a couple of plot points they were slow to figure out). I actually liked this so much that I'm going to go back and read the first two books. Bonuses: knitting (the book includes patterns), girls with guns. A-.


__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on December 11th.

No comments: