Saturday, January 12, 2013

2013 book 13

Fiona Maazel's Woke Up Lonely
I really enjoyed Maazel's first novel, Last Last Chance, and so was super excited when Twitter alerted me to this new one--and it's just as weird and wonderful as the first. It involves the leader of a movement that is more than a little cultish, and which is rumored to be a terrorist organization; his ex-wife (and mother of his child), who actually works for the government on tracking him, and who is under major pressure; the four people she employs to bring things to a head . . . and a bunch of other things. Really interesting writing here--Maazel is clearly having fun--and I loved the action-packed and occasionally silly and occasionally sweet plot. All-around, a very fun read. A-.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher (Thanks, Michael!). This book will be released in April.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks! I hope you'll spread the word come April; and if you live in a city where I'm reading, come on by!

Yrs,
Fiona

Alicia K. said...

I definitely will! Thanks for commenting. :)