Monday, January 14, 2013

2013 book 16

Erin Kelly's The Burning Air
Halfway through this book, a twist I never saw coming actually had me say out loud "Holy S---!" and I was convinced this will be 2013's Gone Girl. Now, it does wrap up slightly (slightly!) more neatly than that book (no book's ending will ever be as crazy as that one's), but the twists, turns, family secrets, plots, and intensity are all there. The story focuses on the MacBride family--wealthy British types from a fancy school, where their father was the headmaster. They're all getting together for the first time since the death of their mother. And at first you think you're just getting into the usual interesting dysfunctional family secret sort of story . . . but NO. Dang, I think I'm still hopped upon adrenaline from the shocks. GREAT crazy read. A/A-.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in February.

No comments: