Thursday, March 14, 2013

2013 book 83

Kirsten Miller's How to Lead a Life of Crime
Having read--and very much enjoyed--Miller's Kiki Strike series, about a bunch of bad-ass young girls, and read--and not really enjoyed--the first book in her YA reincarnation paranormal romance series, I was STILL not prepared for how completely insane this book was. It's about a boy who's run away from his wealthy home and his abusive father after his brother's death, and is now an accomplished thief, when he's recruited to a super prestigious school for criminals. Not petty theft--serious white collar crime. The school is training kids to run the world in very immoral ways. But I can't even explain how bonkers it all is. There are some plot twists I should have seen coming, but I was so enthralled that I didn't even think ahead and try to guess what would happen next. And that's pretty rare for me. Based on the description alone, this book shouldn't have appealed to me at all, but Miller completely drew me in. A-.

No comments: