Sunday, March 24, 2013

2013 book 92

Elizabeth Peters' The Seventh Sinner
I'm still trying to find more mystery series to get into (I'll definitely be getting back to the CS Harris books, but like to have more than one series going at a time) and the Jacqueline Kirby books are now very high up on my list. This first one involves a group of young scholars in Rome--when an acquaintance is murdered, their new friend (and librarian!) Jacqueline Kirby has to figure out who did it, before another one is targeted. Normally I HATE reading books about librarians, because they never get it right . . . but this one is kind of amazing and hilarious and even accurate. I will say that some of this book reads as VERY dated (it was published in the early 70s and the references to things like love beads make that pretty clear) but it is no less awesome for that. A/A-.

No comments: