Wednesday, March 27, 2013

2013 book 94

Daphne Kalotay's Sight Reading
Kalotay's latest (after the awesome Russian Winter) is another book dealing with artists and/or Boston, though here the artists are musicians, and the storyline more domestic in general. I will say that I'm not entirely sure what the /point/ of the novel is--the difficulties of making a marriage work (especially when one of the people involved is a famous composer)? The vagaries of living life as a musician? This is not the say the book isn't good, because I REALLY enjoyed reading it, and thought all the characters were great (I particularly liked Hazel), I just can't really pinpoint what it was ABOUT. I think I'll go with the marriage one. B+.


__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in May.

No comments: