Tuesday, April 09, 2013

2013 book 107

Seanan McGuire's Velveteen vs the Junior Super-Patriots
YOU GUYS. I cannot BELIEVE that none of you told me that Seanan McGuire (an author I like) wrote a superhero book (a genre I am way into, and there are NOT enough novels about superheroes). I could have read this MONTHS ago. Actually, since upon investigation it seems to be a series of short stories from McGuire's website (though they all come together to form a cohesive whole), I probably could have read this even earlier than that. Anyway, it's the story of Velma, aka Velveteen, who was once a member of a junior superhero squad, but decided to get out of the life when she turned 18 (and the corporation that owned the squad was no longer her legal guardian). PS, she has the best powerset ever, she can bring stuffed animals and other toys to life to fight for her! THERE IS A HELPFUL STUFFED BUNNY. Seriously, how had no one told me about this before?! A/A-.

No comments: