Saturday, April 13, 2013

2013 book 110

Lisa Lutz's The Last Word
Soooo, the Isabel Spellman series is really one of my favorites, to the point where it apparently has turned me into a 'shipper. I've never been a 'shipper before, but I firmly believe that Isabel and Henry BELONG TOGETHER, and this has colored my feelings about the last couple of books a bit. Which I admit isn't fair--the stories are just as entertaining as ever. The mysteries here (an embezzlement, among other things) are a bit easier to figure out--but then again, this series has never been just about the mysteries, but about the eccentric family and their antics, and there's plenty of that going on here (I did wish Isabel would be slightly less clueless, but it's believable enough). And I was caught up enough that I stayed up till 1 am reading it, which I NEVER do. Despite the title, I am fairly sure that this isn't the last book in the series--or at least I HOPE it's not. Even if Izzy and Henry aren't destined for one another, I still love these characters and Lutz's hilarious and engaging writing style, and will probably be rerereading the whole series again soon. B.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in July.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Same thing happened with me. I wanted Izzy and Henry together so badly that I lost interest in the series now. :-(

Alicia K. said...

I am still into the series, but it's just not the same somehow!