Saturday, May 04, 2013

2013 book 131

Alafair Burke's If You Were Here
This is easily the most ridiculous mystery/thriller I have ever read in my entire life.

I don't really have too much else to say about it. It centers on a lawyer-turned-journalist-after-a-disgrace, and what happens when she thinks an old friend who's been missing for ten years might actually be alive. Except that it has an unbelievably convoluted and preposterous plot. Like, I actually could not believe some of these plot twists. Not to say that it wasn't a fun read, though by the end it was a little tiresome. And I could have done without the rampant slut-shaming--that was REALLY unnecessary to any of the ludicrous plot points. Actually, I guess I didn't really like this very much. Though there is a mildly amusing explanation of retweeting. C.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on June 4th.

No comments: