Thursday, July 14, 2005

nerd alert

something only a devoted wordnerd would notice (how many of you caught it, too?):

just now on the daily show, they did a hilarious piece on the massive harry potter security efforts. rob corddry's line was "could it happen here??" and they answered it using book titles: stephen king's "it," the little engine that could--and for "happen," they totally used kelly link's first book! now, how many other people could identify a book from seeing one word of its cover title?? and, go daily team for choosing to use such an awesome book, even if you didn't show the full title or author or anything.

anyway, i know they rerun the daily show at various times, so you should watch, b/c it was pretty funny.

1 comment:

Alex Wilson said...

I did. But I was just reading it a few weeks ago. Otherwise I'd probably be doing "happen" searches on my bookshelf and on Amazon right now thinking I know that book looked familiar....

Are you into spoken word audio? I narrated my favorite story of the collection, Most of My Friends Are Two Thirds Water for an audiobook project within a few hours of its Creative Commons release.