Wednesday, August 16, 2006

announcement!

This is not the exciting new feature, but something else entirely. Since the book I've just started is on the Booker longlist, and since a couple other books on there are ones I've been meaning to read, I have decided to read the whole list! (I've already read one, so I'm well on my way.) I guess I should vow to read them all within some period of time, but I'm pretty sure at least one hasn't been published in the US yet. Feel free to suggest lengths of time (a month? 6 weeks?) that you feel are appropriate, and ones that aren't published yet won't count.

Depending on what the library has on hand, I may be reading other books in between the ones on the list. [I'm trying to stop buying as many books, so that I can buy food instead; luckily, the local public library system is really amazing.]


Attention publishers: I am accepting free copies of any and all of these! I swear that lots of people read my blog and I am very influential!

2 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

to publishers - wordnerdy is an opinion leader! give her free books and pronto!

Alicia K. said...

proof positive. free books now please! :)