Thursday, August 03, 2006

the devil went down to georgia

actually, i'm going up to georgia for a long weekend of rock! pictures will be forthcoming--and if i remember to bring my laptop with me, they may even come in a timely manner.

thank you to christina for kicking off my weekend of rock by calling me during audubon park tonight and holding up her cellphone so i could hear part of my favorite song! [i was watching the world series of pop culture finale and was all, "huh? wha?" and then it suddenly hit me that i recognized that guitar riff!] i actually almost got a little weepy b/c it was so sweet and b/c i totally love audubon park and am sorry i couldn't see them open for white whale.

but i'm seeing white whale tomorrow! and elf power saturday! and the clientele on sunday! and there's proms and kickballs and swimming pools in there too--all in all, an excellent way to use my first over grownup job vacation days.

4 comments:

David said...

The show wasn't the same without you. I noticed a weakening of our powers--like ET. Christina is a kind woman to bring friends together.

Alicia K. said...

i dunno, you sounded pretty awesome over a cell-phone! which, admittedly, is not the best music-conveying device, but whatever. :)

you're sweet!

ddoodd said...

What song was it, what song? i'm dying to know.

Alicia K. said...

i'm pretty sure it was esp territory (i don't really remember--i'm doped up on benadryl at the moment). whatever it was, i definitely remember that it rocked!

by the way, white whale liked you guys!