Saturday, June 02, 2007

2007 book 77

Peter Abrahams' Nerve Damage
A well-known sculptor, still in love with the wife who died 15 years earlier, manages to get a copy of his pre-written obituary and reads that his wife, who he believed worked for a think tank, worked for the UN. As he investigates this bizarre anomaly, he gets in some pretty deep stuff. I actually thought it was going to turn out that he was imagining the whole thing--there are a few red herrings that made me think so, or else I just assumed there was more to the story than this silly mystery/adventure plot. But it's pretty surface-level. The ending was really abrupt and kind of dumb, but it was entertaining enough. Maybe this was more of a beach book. B/B-.

Off to see Knocked Up!

3 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

Did you like knocked up? I loved it!

Alicia K. said...

I totally loved it! I've been crushing on Seth Rogen for years, so it's great for him to finally get to be a leading man, get critical attention, etc. And who knew Bill Haverchuck would grow up so cute???

pinky pinkerson said...

I didn't even realize it was him until I read about it online :-)