Monday, June 18, 2007

comics!!!

I got home from work to find two awesome packages--one from my mom, of a homemade tote bag and a bunch of yarn, and one from Chapel Hill Comics, containing the new issues of Y the Last Man, Fables, Buffy, and SiP (the final issue--though the series has been dead in teh water for a couple of years), plus Re-Gifters and Plain Janes (the first two books on the teen girl-oriented Minx label from DC), Jason Shiga's Bookhunter (library-oriented! I believe this is the published version of his infamous webcomic), Fashion Kitty, Rutu Modan's Exit Wounds, and the new Stuck in the Middle anthology. Needless to say, I am a happy girl and comics fan!

7 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

So the Buffy is out? I should check out Cecil's Plain Janes, but comic buying is strange and scary to me :-)

I bought some things at Lush the other day and thought of you. I have no idea how to store that lump of conditioner in the shower so it doesn't get moldy or wash away!

Alicia K. said...

I get my comics once a month, so this may not be the most recent issue of the Buffy comic. It's the 4th one, I believe. Plain Janes is really cute--I'd highly recommend it.

Is there a Lush in NC now??? Christina told me there's a Sephora again too! I am dying of jealousy!!!

Can you put it in a plastic container, like a little tupperware one? Or a soapdish?

pinky pinkerson said...

perhaps I will just stop by Chapel Hill Comics. They won't be all "what do you want, old lady!" will they? :-)

no Lush in NC yet! We were in Chicago last weekend for a wedding and we stayed right across the street from the Water Tower Macy's - they have a Lush counter there. They gave me a little tin that fits my buffy bar (no relation!) perfectly, but the wrapped lump of jungle conditioner is still sitting on my bathroom counter.

Alicia K. said...

Chapel Hill Comics is NEVER like that! But if you go by Friday evening, Erin is working and will definitely be friendly. :) She's probably working most of the weekend since everyone else will be at Heroes Con. I wish I worked there too. :)

pinky pinkerson said...

I went yesterday, and got the 4 Buffys and Plain Janes. It was a very low-key experience (and easy parking - thank you summer!)

Alicia K. said...

Awesome! I hope you enjoy them. :)

Anonymous said...

I picked up the chapbook copy of the first issues of SiP the other day at Barnes & Noble. It was oddly nostalgic, and even though i hear that i stopped reading SiP at just about the right time, it made me miss that book quite a lot. Picking up the b&w chapbooks is awfully tempting...