Wednesday, November 07, 2007

2007 book 157

Markus Zusak's I am the Messenger
At first I was super bummed that Pushing Daisies wasn't on tonight, but finishing this book was excellent consolation. it's a completely different sort of story than Zusak's The Book Thief, but I was still completely enthralled and moved by it. It's about a sort of young slacker guy who drives a cab and isn't really doing much with his life, when he suddenly receives a playing card in the mail with a mysterious message. As he begins to follow the card's instructions, he finds meaning in his life, etc. Anyway, Zusak is a GREAT writer. I got a little teary several times throughout the novel (usually for nice things, don't worry, it's not nearly as dark as Book Thief) which shows what a great writer he is. I had sort of mixed feelings about the final chapter, but it's a YA book so we'll let it slide. A/A-.

1 comment:

jenny said...

I LOVE THIS BOOK! It's one of my favorites of all time. I'm glad you liked it.