Tuesday, November 27, 2007

wonder woman

I like This NY Times piece on Gail Simone writing the new Wonder Woman comic book, b/c it avoids their usual "Girls read comics, OMG!" tripe. Has anyone read any of the new WW? Is it worth picking up? (I'm mildly interested in the Jodi Picoult storylines, though of course I HATED what she did with My Sister's Keeper.)

And speaking of comics . . . have you read Scott Pilgrim 4 yet?? If not, why not?? BTdub, its author, Bryan Lee O'Malley (along with his wife Hope Larson, who's a great creator in her own right), will be doing a signing at Chapel Hill Comics on December 1st. Am I heartbroken that I can't be there? More than words can express! No, really.

3 comments:

Sociologian said...

Amazon finally decided to ship my long-ago pre-ordered book today. How nice of them! It shall be devoured upon receipt.

Alicia K. said...

Let me know when you're done--I have a burning question about a couple scences that I think hint at a future plot point!!

Also, doesn't it suck to live outside of NC at times like these? None of the stores here have even heard of Scott Pilgrim. Totally ridiculous.

Sociologian said...

I was sorting through some old photos over the holiday and came across a bunch I took out the window as the plane left NC for LA... It was so green! I miss all the greenery!! It sucks to live outside NC at all times. I never would have thought I'd ever say that, back in 1999.

Amazon says I won't be getting the book until Monday, which probably means I won't get it until Tuesday. The suspense!!