Wednesday, January 23, 2008

2008 book 15

Willy Vlautin's Northline
See, this is why I love advance copies at library conferences--this is a book I'd never have picked up on my own. Written by some dude from an alt-country band, about a girl fleeing her abusive boyfriend, and she has imaginary conversations with Paul Newman--it just wouldn't have occurred to me to read it. And yet, it was really good, kind of tender and moving; you can't help but feel for this poor girl beaten down by life and all the people she meets on the way. A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing about NORTHLINE and for reading Willy's novel, our team in academic marketing is fabulous, and I am glad they found you with NORTHLINE.

All best wishes,

Jennifer Pooley
(Willy's editor at HarperPerennial)