Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008 book 2

Susan Hill's The Various Haunts of Men
This was more like it! A few people in a small town in England disappear and a young woman officer is on the case! New to town, she's making friends and finding her way, and all sorts of the people she meets come to play a part in the story. The killer is revealed to the reader like 2/3 through, which is a great narrative device. I'm going to give it an A/A-, b/c although the end was very fitting, there was one thing I wanted to happen differently. Anyway, I recommend this one and will be reading the next book in this series for sure.

OK, back to Project Runway! They're at the Hershey store!! And like all good Pennsylvania girls, I have a serious fondness for Hershey. Who couldn't love a city where the streetlamps are shaped like Hershey kisses and everything smells like chocolate?

2 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

my dear spouse totally turns up his nose at Hershey's products. Even Milton Hershey himself admitted that they are made with slightly soured milk, but I have no problem with that. I've always wanted to go to Hershey, PA (went as a kid but the theme park part was closed) or hell, any chocolate-themed town. Maybe Peanut will be a chocoholic too and we can go together :-)

Alicia K. said...

Hershey is a great place to bring kids! I went once when I was little--5 or so--and again when I was 10 or 11, and I loved it both times.