Friday, December 12, 2008

2008 book 198

Stephanie Kallos' Sing Them Home
I loved Kallos' first novel, so was really excited when her new one came into the library--and it didn't disappoint (clearly I stayed up past my bedtime to read it). It's the story of a family in a small town in Nebraska, and what happens to them after their mother disappears during a tornado. Really excellent--believably flawed characters that you hope will get happy endings. My only beef was that it really needed another round of proofreading. I found tons of typos, and one character's name kept changing from Chris to Kris. That's just sloppy. It's a mark of how good a story this is that I'm giving it an A anyway.

Ooh, and the Venture Bros is on!

Oh, and just saw via a friend on Twitter--Pitchfork is covering Cytunes! That makes me a little teary. Wish I could be there for the launch party, but instead I'll go download some tunes (the store officially opened at midnight--so get to it!). Mad props to Rossi et al for getting this together.

No comments: