Wednesday, December 17, 2008

top songs of 2008; cuteness

I didn't do a top albums list for 2007 (it would have just been like the Rosebuds, the Shout-out-Louds, and Rogue Wave) and I'm not doing one now; I've been a little disconnected from the music scene and have only bought a couple of albums this year.

That being the case--here are my favorite sing-along songs of 2008! (They're in no particular order.)

Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks--Gardenia
The Broken West--Auctioneer
Hotel Lights--Amelia Bright
All Girl Summer Fun Band--Trajectory
She & Him--Black Hole
Los Campesinos!--Sweet Dreams, Sweet Cheeks
TV on the Radio--Family Tree
Vivian Girls--Where do you run to?
Club 8--Leaving the North
The Rosebuds--Another Way In

Good times, eh?

Oh, and here's a site I love-- Cute Things Falling Asleep. Perfect.

More cute things: I just rediscovered the name of a favorite childhood toy--Sylvanian Familes. I liked them b/c they were sylvanians (like Pennsylvanians like me) and b/c they were supercute and slightly fuzzy animals. I imagine I still have a couple of these stashed in my childhood bedroom. Of course I liked the bunnies best (I collected the Wildwood and Babblebrook families) but I think I had a couple of bears, too.

No comments: