Friday, March 20, 2009

2009 book 61

Alison Croggon's The Riddle
Since I had a lack of other things to read, I did decide to keep going w/ Croggan's YA fantasy epic series (scroll down to book 55, which was the first). This was a much better read--the writing was less clumsy, things were slightly more action-packed, and there were several unpredictable bits. My only beef with this series is that sometimes it feels a little bit like "oh hey, we're on a journey to discover something and the road is hard and dangerous things happen, and now we're stopping at a safe place and meeting awesome ppl who we love and who are hard to leave, but now we're back on our journey and the road is hard . . . rinse and repeat." I think I would mind the journeying less if the purpose was more defined (a la Lord of the Rings) but I'll still read the next one. B+.

No comments: