Friday, March 27, 2009

comics etc

Working at a comic book store (the inestimable Chapel Hill Comics) gives me plenty of time to think about all the things I'd buy with my birthday* money, if I didn't need it to pay for, say, electricity and internet. Anyway, there are lots of cool things in stock, so come check some of these out!

--New Ugly Dolls! I love Babo's Bird best, but the limited edition Ox (in six different bright colors) is pretty sweet. too.

--Wonderland has gorgeous art and tackles the question of who is the mysterious Mary Ann of Alice in Wonderland?

--The Double-Daring Book for Girls--the first one was totally fun and I bet the sequel is too! (We have a ton of books along this line in the store.)

--Can't go wrong w/ a hefty autobiography by one of the great manga authors.

--Or with the latest pretty book by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean.

--Or the complete Perry Bible Fellowship collection.

--I love perusing the Nicholas books. They're not comics, but they're by the Asterix dude, so we carry them, and they're pretty awesome.

--I also love the new editions of the Love and Rockets comics (my all-time favorite series, besides Scott Pilgrim). I own the content already but the formatting is just gorgeous on these.

--And speaking of favorites and of excellent formatting, the new Art Spiegelman sketchbook has incredible packaging.

____
* I will officially be old in 10 days.

No comments: