Friday, June 10, 2011

2011 book 144

J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Hey, I actually have some new things to say about this one, since it still feels new and exciting to me (I still remember how excited we were for it to come out, and how much fun the midnight release party was!). Anyway, new things I want to say:

--I found out recently that the quote on Harry's parents' gravestone is actually a quote from Corinthians (no surprise that I didn't know this--I'm not at all up on my New Testament), lending more credence to the Harry-is-a-Jesus-figure theory (it makes me nuts that people try and ban these books). I still don't understand the quote though.

--I noticed on this read-through that during Neville's big awesome scene at the end, he breaks free from the Body-Bind curse--a callback to the first book?

--Deathly Hallows pt. 1 was the only HP movie I've liked wholeheartedly (they always leave out the things I think are important!!). I'm a little leery about part 2, but I think as long as they include the Snape-Lily stuff, I'll be ok with added-in exciting battle scenes (I'm guessing there will be extra battle scenes).

2 comments:

ahartsell said...

They have to include the Snape and Lily stuff! Otherwise I'm not sure Snape will make as much sense a a character.

Alicia K. said...

I read somewhere (and have no idea if this is true or not) that the movie implied that Snape loved Lily, but that they weren't close friends--he loved her from afar. And I'll be really pissed if that's true.