Friday, June 24, 2011

2011 book 159

Meg Cabot's Size 12 Is Not Fat
I've never read anything by Cabot before--I mean, she wrote those Princess Diaries books, and the title of this is just awful--but everyone always says she's an entertaining writer and I wanted something lighter and more fun after slogging through Doc all week. So this is the story of a former teen pop star who's take a job as the assistant director of a residence hall in New York, and what happens when a freshman girl is found dead at the bottom of an elevator shaft. Conveniently, the love interest/landlord is a PI, which bodes well for this series (b/c how many dorm murders can a former teen pop star realistically--or semi-realistically--solve?). Anyway, this was as entertaining as I'd been told and Cabot's voice is very funny. I'm off to read the sequel now. A-.

No comments: