Saturday, February 02, 2013

2012 book 38

Melina Marchetta's Quintana of Charyn
So this is a perfectly good conclusion to the Lumatere series, and has a lot of interesting reveals, politics, romance, action, etc. I mean, I was definitely laughing and crying at the same time at one part. I don't know why I expected that anything by Marchetta should be THE BEST THING EVER, because that's not really fair when this is still an enjoyable book. And I mean, more than enjoyable, it's GOOD. It's an A-! And way less stressful/harrowing than the second one. And I love all the characters--I was going to say something about the great women characters, but the men are awesome too. And I mean, obviously things are going to work out the way they do, but finding out how they all get there was pretty entertaining.


__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in April.

No comments: