Monday, June 03, 2013

2013 book 157

Margaret Atwood's MaddAddam
I was reading this on the beach on family vacation and at one point turned to my dad and said "This is the best book I have ever read." Which was definitely an exaggeration--I was caught up in the moment--but not by much. (I am actually going to try to sell my dad on reading this trilogy--I think he might be into it.) ANYWAY. MaddAddam picks up where the previous two books come together--and flashes back to fill in a lot of the remaining holes in the story. I'm loathe to give away any plot points, but will say that Toby + the Crakers was one of the funniest combinations I have ever seen. And I could have done with a BIT less Toby being jealous, but that's just me. Otherwise, there was plenty of action, plenty of great interpersonal dynamics, Toby being amazing, and other awesome stuff. GREAT end to the story. Really raises a lot of interesting discussion topics. Oh, and there's a summary of the first two books at the beginning, if you don't have time to reread them before this comes out! A!

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in September.

No comments: