Wednesday, May 25, 2016

2016 book 95

Claudia Gray's Bloodline
I really enjoyed Gray's first novel set in the Star Wars universe, so was eager to see her take on Leia--and see her take on those crucial events between The Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. But this kind of mires down in politics--which is, I mean, the point! It's showing how the First Order and the Resistance formed from the New Republic! But I felt like the pacing was a little bit off. I really liked (some of) the new characters, but I doubt they'll show up in the movies, so then I'm sort of wondering . . . what is the point? Obviously I loved seeing Leia doing her Leia thing (with Han featured), and it's nice to have some of those questions answered, but but but. It just didn't really hit home for me. Not bad at all, just not the dazzler I hoped for. B/B+.

No comments: