Sunday, July 03, 2016

2016 book 119

Tana French's The Trespasser
AHHHHHH new Tana French!!! So intense and crazy!! This latest in her Dublin Murder Squad series focuses on rookie Antoinette and her partner, working the homicide of a pretty young woman, but maybe it's more than the usual domestic? I was sure I had figured it out very early on and so spent the entire book reading in an even more heightened state of tension, wondering if I was right, and then alternately being annoyed that neither detective was picking up the obvious. But I appreciated French's look at being the only woman on a police unit like that, and really sympathized with Antoinette. And I definitely thought French stuck the landing. I seriously could not put this down to go to bed, so it's the usual engrossing stuff--it just wasn't the strongest in this series, to me. B+.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in October.

No comments: