Thursday, September 21, 2006

candy

Between seeing this awesome new toy and getting a Vosges (OH MY GOD DROOL!) catalog in the mail yesterday, I've had candy on the brain. I wish I had a spare five hundred bucks for Vosges' candy of the month club (it has a fancier name than that, of course), but I like having a place to sleep and a full fridge (full of food, I mean, not kittens).

But mmmmmm . . . candy.

Speaking of food: the history of the matzah ball! Be sure to read Joan Nathan's Q&A as well (scroll down--it's on the left) for more Rosh Hashanah tips. If I ever start baking again, I'm definitely trying her challah recipe. Mmmm. Freshly baked challah.

And speaking of Rosh Hashanah: I'll be in NC tomorrow!!!!!

3 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

mmm...vosges. I wish there was somewhere to buy their truffles around here - the bars are everywhere, but the truffles are much more special. Mmm....sea salt and burnt caramel.

I remember from their catalog - don't you get a trip to Paris if you spend X dollars on Vosges merchandise? Of course by then you'll be too fat to go shopping :-)

Alicia K. said...

I didn't see anything about Paris! and I read that catalog pretty closely. I'm just so intrigued by the truffles and their new caramels. Oh man, now I'm hungry.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm cotton candy...one of the few normal treats I can eat :) How long will you be here?! (Travel safely <3)