Tuesday, September 05, 2006

mail call!


P9050019
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy.
Today was, like, the best mail day ever. First I got a package from my parents with all sorts of amazing cameras and accompanying doodads (and some cat toys for Mr. Bond, who currently is enamored of a fuzzy blue mouse). But I also had four of the Re-ment sets I've been obsessing over! This one is entitled "A day at the fair"; I also got "S'mores", "Morning Grab n' Go", and "Spaghetti and Meatballs" (which comes with the most amazing miniature cheese grater). I have not yet figured out how (or where) to best display these, but I am entirely enchanted with the level of detail on these tiny plastic foodstuffs.

In Pittsburgh news, I was thrilled to realize that one of the samples I've been hearing on the latest Girl Talk album was from Pittsburgh rock god Donnie Iris' "Ah! Leah!" (Wikipedia confirms this.) No one ever knows who Donnie Iris is and that song rocks. FINALLY I was vindicated! Of course, Girl Talk is from Pittsburgh so that might not actually count. Still, who knew Donnie Iris would sample so well under Fatman Scoop and the Waitresses? It really adds a nice touch.

I also got some stuff from my retirement fund and the latest issue of the Penn State alumni magazine. Good times.

3 comments:

Alicia K. said...

yeah, a canon ftb and a canon av-1 . . . i'm not sure which i should try first!

pinky pinkerson said...

that wee funnel cake is beyond cute!

I swear I remember the AOR station in town playing "Ah Leah!" but I couldn't hum it to you. That name sounds very, very familiar.

Alicia K. said...

Well, it was the 70s. :) I don't think it's been played much since then.

I only recognized it so easily b/c I had the song on a mix cd I made last year that played incessantly in my car for several months.