Thursday, December 07, 2006

2006 book 137

Before I write my little review, I just want to thank David and Eric for sending me their bands' newest CDs!!! I knew you were my favorite bands for a reason. :) Seriously, though--thank you!!!!!

Elizabeth Strout's Amy and Isabelle
Finally, a good book! This novel centers on a mother and daughter (the titular characters) over the course of one summer (in, I believe, the 70s), after daughter Amy is discovered to be involved with her math teacher. There's lots of great small-town drama as mother and daughter stand off and as Isabelle's own past comes to light. Totally an A.

2 comments:

jenny said...

I read this book a few years ago and really liked it. My sister recommends Strout's second book, but I haven't gotten around to reading that one yet. I think it's about a minister or something.

Alicia K. said...

Yeah, I figured I'd start with the more accessible plot and see if I liked her writing before I committed myself to reading about a minister. :)