Monday, March 19, 2007

Multimedia message


Multimedia message
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy.
Yay!! I got to see the Broken West tonight!! And they were really, really nice guys--I'm not just saying that b/c before their last song, they publicly thanked me for making them cookies. :)

The evening started off with some comedic misadventures as we attempted to identify which of the shaggy-haired hipsters hanging around might be members of the band (we correctly picked out two of them before Ross figured out who I was, saving me from the embarrassment of approaching random dudes and saying, "Um, are you in the band? I have cookies for you . . . "). Thank you to Christina for your valiant text-messaged assistance!

The opening band was really good too--called Ferraby Lionheart, and they totally had a trombonist! I picked up their EP and was thankful I'd put off making a mix cd, b/c one of their songs will definitely be on it.

Then Broken West played!!!! Tall dudes kept standing directly in front of me (whyyyyyy?!?) but I was not thwarted from totally rocking out. The Broken West are my new rock star crushes. I would totally be that dork who wears the band t-shirt the day after the show, but I'm not sure I can pull it off as work attire till casual Friday.

Anyway, thank you guys for playing in Tallahassee!!!! It was SO GREAT to get to see you live!

1 comment:

pinky pinkerson said...

we listened to this in the car the other day while on a short road trip and it was really good!

(there is one song that sounds a LOT like Spoon)