Sunday, May 13, 2007

2007 book 63

Laurie R. King's A Monstrous Regiment of Women
I moved yesterday and am tired and have a million things to do, so I apologize if this is scattered! Anyway, the second book in what is apparently a series of books about young eccentric Mary Russell and her friend Sherlock Holmes deals with some feminist biblical scholars and some mysterious murders. After we both enjoyed Beekeeper's Apprentice, Christina discovered all its sequels and encouraged me to read them, and this was pretty worth it. B+.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Agreed. I've read through all the ones that the library carried, and was satisfied after everyone. Which isn't something you can always say about a book: perfectly satisfied.

Someone I know who was also reading these suggested I read the Amelia Peabody series, but they weren't as good.

Alicia K. said...

I have the third one in my stack of checked out books, and definitely plan on working my way through the series!