Friday, May 04, 2007

chabon, chabon, chabon!

The Yiddish Policeman media blitz continues with an interview with Michael Chabon at Salon. It's mostly good, but I disagree with the introduction's assertion that there's a secret cabal akin to the Elders of Zion. I don't want to give the story away, so I can't explain why that is really off the mark, but it IS REALLY OFF THE MARK. I mean, the refrain the article's author refers to is actually "These are strange times to be a Jew," so clearly Ms. Goldstein didn't read the book very carefully.

5 comments:

js said...

fresh air interviewed him last night, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh please keep writing about Michael Chabon! I can't get enough. I am trying not to read too much about the book before I get my hands on a copy, which I hope will be soon. I'll have to listen to that Fresh Air interview on line--I missed it!

Alicia K. said...

i missed it too--thank goodness for npr's archives!

Elizabeth said...

So I didn't know about the Elders of Zion until I just looked it up in Wikipedia, but I agree, it doesn't seem to fit. I finished it last night and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. So much so, that I had to take an anxiety break with about thirty pages to the end.

Alicia K. said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who disagreed! Anxiety break, hee.