Tuesday, May 15, 2007

2007 book 67

Laurie R. King's A Letter of Mary
The third book in the Mary Russell series was right up my alley, as it involved the murder of an archaeologist who has bequeathed a letter apparently writted by Mary Magdalene on the Holmeses. I wonder if King is secretly a biblical scholar or is just an excellent researcher, b/c all of her off-hand remarks about Russell's research are dead-on. I've definitely never seen a reference to a furtive patach in a novel before! Obviously I'm giving this one an A and putting the next couple books in the series on hold at the library! Gosh, are there enough prepositional phrases in these sentences? They'd be a bitch to diagram. (I love diagramming sentences.)

2 comments:

christinamerge said...

I liked A Letter of Mary alot, too! I think the first 2 are my favorite. I read O Jerusalem & The Moor, and they are pretty fun reads, too. I just love the character of Mary Russell!

Alicia K. said...

Oh good! I'm picking both of those up on Saturday. :)

I like her too, and not just b/c she's a Jewish nerd! :)