Saturday, October 18, 2008

2008 book 170

Charlaine Harris' Dead to the World
This is actually the 4th Sookie Stackhouse book--I picked it up at a used bookstore in Hilton Head that didn't have the third one. Luckily this is one of those series that tends to repeat itself somewhat (I even flagged a descriptive sentence in this one that's been used, word-for-word, before) so I figured out what had happened in that one pretty easily. Anyway, this one involves more vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, witches, etc, as Sookie's brother goes missing. Most of those characters are hot guys that Sookie lusts after in graphic terms (she's a butt girl), which is entertaining. I'm not sure why I like this series so much, except that they're like candy--totally unfilling, not healthy or good for me in any way, but so so yummy and addictive.

1 comment:

Sociologian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.