Saturday, October 25, 2008

2008 books 173 and 174

Charlaine Harris' Club Dead
I started reading the 6th book in the series and it kept referring back to previous events, so I figured I'd go buy the one I skipped and get caught up. Unfortunately, none of those events were in this book, just the events I'd already picked up from the 4th, but it was still a fairly enjoyable read.

Charlaine Harris' Definitely Dead
Which brings us to the 6th one. This reads like I missed a book in the series--referring to events that never happened in the books, which is really frustrating. I actually checked to make sure I had the whole series and I did. So this one is very weirdly written--I'd rather have seen the events that led to Sookie discovering her cousin was a vampire and then solving the mystery of her death, as opposed to just reading dialogue discussing it. Do any of you read these books? Did I miss one somewhere?

Anyway, after that I think I'm taking a break from vampires for a little while, and then I'll read the last two in the series.

No comments: