Sunday, October 26, 2008

2008 books 176 and 177

Charlaine Harris' All Together Dead
This was a pretty good outing in the Sookie Stackhouse series--a convention of vampire higher-ups is targeted, but by who?? Lots of excitement and intrigue.

Charlaine Harris' From Dead to Worse
I was bummed to reach the last book in the series, knowing I'd have to wait months and months for the new one--and then I read it. It's by far the weakest, maybe b/c there's no overarching mystery to add narrative tension. Instead, it's all wereworlf political drama, and vampire political drama, and even the addition of some long-lost relatives for Sookie didn't make things any better. I'll still read the next one when it comes out, though.

In other news, I early voted today! The line was 45 minutes long. I was glad I'd had a book with me.

No comments: