Tuesday, April 08, 2014

2014 book 76

Laini Taylor's Dreams of Gods and Monsters
The final book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy is a pretty good wrap-up! I don't really have much to say about it--I appreciated that, although it's all about gearing up to a battle of good vs evil, or whatever, there was minimal violence, and I could have done with a little less of the angsty forbidden romance stuff (the amount of time spent talking about how they haven't even kissed yet is WAY TOO MUCH). And definitely, I feel like the action on Earth is a plot thread that just kind of gets dropped. But I liked the way it wrapped up, and new character (at least, I don't remember her from the earlier books) Eliza Jones, a grad student with mysterious and disturbing dreams, is AMAZING. And things go in interesting directions. I don't know, I have no complaints about it, but I'm also not like "OMGGGG I need to talk to someone about this!" It's fine. It's good! B+/A-.

No comments: