Monday, December 22, 2014

2014 book 310

Eloisa James' When Beauty Tamed the Beast
This is another one of the books in James' fairy tale series, and it's  . . . fine. I liked both the characters a lot (the Beauty here is a very pretty/smart/sassy girl with an unfairly ruined reputation, whose relatives decide to marry her off to the Beast, who's really just a surly guy with a bad leg), but it was another one of those stories that is all just will they/won't they get married, when they OBVIOUSLY will, so jsut do it already, and then work on your medical reforms (he runs a hospital out of his manor, she is all about patient relations). Maybe I am not the target audience for these books if I'm more interested in how they make their hospital nicer as opposed to their silly relationship. I mean, I also like the love scenes, don't get me wrong, but a lot of times the obstacles to the marriage seem really forced, and this was one of those times. (I should say, at first pretending to call off their engagement is part of their flirting and is actually pretty funny, but then they start denying their LOVE and it gets tedious. You love each other, deal with it.) B/B+.

No comments: