Saturday, April 18, 2015

2015 book 96

Kate Atkinson's Life After Life
I wanted to reread this because the companion novel--about brother Teddy!--comes out soon, but let's be honest, this is one of my all-time favorite books and I basically always want to reread it. I mean, I have read it several times and am still kind of teary from it right now. Parts of it I still read with dread, even though I know exactly what's going to happen! If you haven't read it, it's the story of a little British girl, Ursula, born in 1910, growing up through those turbulent times--except, she keeps dying, and going back to the beginning and living her life again, taking different paths every time (kind of like a choose your own adventure? But amazing?). And I mean, the very first scene is Ursula killing Hitler, which is obviously great. UGH, nothing I can say will express how much I love this book and how much of an accomplishment I think it is. I really can't wait to see what Atkinson does with Teddy.

No comments: