Tuesday, April 10, 2007

2007 book 46

Michelle Richmond's A Year of Fog
OK, so this is the story of a woman who, one day, takes her fiance's little daughter to the beach. When the little girl disappears, everyone's lives start to unravel. The book jacket hints too strongly about the ending, so I wasn't surprised about it, but I really did have some mixed feelings about it anyway. I'm going to think about this one some more, but in the meantime I'll give it a B. Point of interest: the protagonist uses a Holga.

2 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

you just reminded me! I wrote something down that I heard on Weekend America several weeks ago to eventually blog, but you know, I don't do that so much :-)

This is from last year, but it's for a photo competition for Holgas and other "toy cameras." Keep an eye out for next year!

http://www.popphoto.com/photographynewswire/3080/call-for-krap.html

Alicia K. said...

Oooh--thanks for the heads-up!